As your drowning accident attorney, Fernando D. Vargas will fight for full and fair compensation.
A drowning accident can turn a pleasant day at the beach, lake, or pool into a nightmare. The cost of a drowning accident is typically extremely high, as victims can either die from drowning or suffer permanent, devastating injuries such as catastrophic brain injuries.
When someone causes a drowning accident through negligence, they can and should be held responsible. The best way to do this is to hire an experienced drowning accident attorney such as Fernando D. Vargas. Attorney Vargas will work diligently to gather the evidence needed to win your case and secure much-needed and well-deserved compensation for your family.
We Handle All Types of Drowning Accidents
Drowning accidents can happen in a variety of situations, such as swimming pool accidents, boating accidents, bathtub accidents, floods, and alcohol-related accidents. At The Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas, we understand the law as it applies to all kinds of drowning accidents. For example, we can help you prove your need for compensation following drowning accidents caused by:
- Failure of the property owner to keep the premises safe
- Failing to keep swimming pool equipment in proper working condition
- Hiring unqualified personnel as lifeguards
- Failing to adequately train lifeguards
- Failing to adequately supervise children playing in or near a swimming pool
- Lack of proper safety equipment at a pool
- Lack of fencing at a pool
- Defective swimming pool equipment
- Operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
Let Us Fight to Maximize Your Compensation
The type of damages available in a drowning accident case depends on whether the case involves a death or an injury.
For a drowning accident injury, victims can seek compensation for:
- Medical bills in the past
- Medical expenses in the future
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Assistive devices and transportation
- Modifications to the home
For a fatal drowning accident, close surviving family members or the deceased person’s estate can seek compensation for:
- Medical bills incurred before the death (if any)
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Financial support the deceased would have contributed to the heir during the life expectancy of the deceased or the heir
- The loss of gifts the heir would have expected to receive from the deceased
- Reasonable value of household services that the deceased would have provided
- Loss of the deceased’s love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, and society
- Loss of the enjoyment of sexual relations, if applicable
- Loss of training and guidance to an heir, if applicable
Whether you have lost a loved one or suffered a catastrophic drowning injury, you can rely on Fernando D. Vargas to carefully document all your damages and fight aggressively for full and fair compensation in your case.
Call Now for a Free Consultation and No-Risk Representation
Drowning accidents can be complicated to litigate, so you may be wondering if you have a case at all, and if it is worth hiring an attorney to pursue it. At The Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas, we can help you get answers to these questions and more during a free initial consultation. If you have legal grounds for a claim and you want to hire us as your drowning accident attorney in Rancho Cucamonga, you can do so at no upfront cost. We will advance all the money necessary to prepare your case and you will only have to pay us after we win.
To learn more, call 877-982-0707 now.