Dog Bite Attorney
Have you been bitten by a dog? Call Fernando D. Vargas for immediate legal help.
Dogs have a reputation for being man’s best friend. But even the most well-behaved dog has the potential to bite. If you have been bitten by someone else’s dog, you may be entitled to compensation.
Here are the key steps you need to take:
- Get medical attention
- Identify the dog and its owner
- Report the dog bite to animal control or the sheriff
- Take photographs of your injuries
And most importantly…
…Call an Experienced Dog Bite Attorney Immediately
As your dog bite injury attorney in Rancho Cucamonga, Fernando D. Vargas can provide valuable advice and assistance during this stressful time. For example, he can:
- Explain your legal rights and options following a dog bite
- Help gather evidence proving liability for the dog bite
- Make sure you get proper medical care
- Set up a plastic surgery medical-legal evaluation regarding treatment to prevent or correct scarring
- Accurately value your damages
- Negotiate for a fair settlement with the dog owner’s insurance provider
- Take your case to court if needed
There’s No Such Thing as One Free Bite
In some states, owners are only liable for dog bites if they knew their dog was dangerous because it had bitten someone before. This effectively creates a one free bite that the owner does not have to take responsibility for.
Fortunately, we have a stricter rule in California. Our state’s dog bite statute makes owners liable for any bite that their pets inflict while the victim is on public property or lawfully on private property. There is no need for the victim to prove that the dog was known to be dangerous in order to secure compensation.
You Deserve More than Just Medical Bills
After a dog bite, the dog’s owner may offer to pay for your medical bills. While this may seem reasonable, if you accept this offer you are actually forfeiting a good deal of the compensation you would be able to secure through a dog bite injury claim. By taking legal action against the dog owner, you can recover compensation for many different kinds of damages including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Scar reduction surgery
- Therapy and counseling costs
- Past and future loss of income
- Emotional pain / mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
Fortunately, with Fernando D. Vargas as your dog bite attorney, you will receive expert advice on the subject of compensation. You can trust Attorney Vargas to make sure all your damages are properly documented and to fight to maximize your compensation.
Start Building Your Case Today
If you’ve been bitten by a dog, you need to act quickly to collect important evidence and preserve your ability to create a strong claim for compensation. Because Attorney Vargas knows time is of the essence, he is here for you around the clock. Simply dial 909-982-0707 and we’ll set up a free initial consultation. If you decide to hire us, we will advance the funds needed to prepare your case, and you will only have to pay us after we win your compensation.