Fernando D. Vargas can provide compassionate and effective representation as your wrongful death attorney.
Losing a loved one is never easy, especially when the death happens suddenly as the result of an accident. But if you suspect that your loved one’s accident was someone else’s fault, the situation can become even more painful.
Fortunately, Fernando D. Vargas is here to help you hold the at-fault party responsible for their actions and make sure they provide the compensation your family needs and deserves following a wrongful death. He can help with all the vital steps in your case including:
- Identifying all the potential defendants
- Preserving the evidence
- Determining whether an Estate should be created
- Proving and explaining liability
- Proving and determining the amount of economic damages
- Proving and determining the monetary value for non-economic damages
We Handle All Kinds of Wrongful Death Cases
Any time a death is caused by the recklessness or negligence of another party, it is possible to pursue a wrongful death claim. At The Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas, we have over 30 years of experience in wrongful death cases, including an excellent track record of success in resolving claims both in and out of court. We can help you whether your loved one’s death involved:
- A motor vehicle accident
- A pedestrian accident
- A bicycle accident
- A train accident
- A dog attack
- A premises accident
- A drowning accident
Now You May Wonder…
…Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Wrongful death claims can be filed by close family members in the deceased’s line of inheritance. This includes:
- The deceased’s surviving husband or wife
- The deceased’s registered domestic partner
- The deceased’s children
- The deceased’s stepchildren who were dependent on the deceased
- The deceased’s parents who were dependent on the deceased
Other individuals, such as a long term partner or more distant relatives, may also be able to receive compensation for a wrongful death. However, they cannot file the claim on their own. Instead, the deceased’s estate would file the claim and receive the compensation, and then disburse it to the individuals named in the deceased’s will or in the deceased’s line of inheritance.
…What Kinds of Compensation Can I Receive?
Wrongful death compensation can include the following types of damages:
- Medical bills incurred before the death (if any)
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Financial support the deceased would have contributed to the heir during the life expectancy of the deceased or the heir
- The loss of gifts the heir would have expected to receive from the deceased
- Reasonable value of household services that the deceased would have provided
- Loss of the deceased’s love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, and society
- Loss of the enjoyment of sexual relations, if applicable
- Loss of training and guidance to an heir, if applicable
If We Don’t Win, You Don’t Pay
Wrongful death cases are complex and require a great amount of skill and expertise to litigate. It is definitely in your best interests to have a skilled wrongful death attorney in Rancho Cucamonga on your side. Don’t let financial concerns stop you from getting the compensation you need. At The Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas, we offer contingency fee representation, allowing families to initiate wrongful death claims at no upfront cost. We will cover the cost of preparing your case for negotiations or litigation, and you will not have to pay us a penny until after we win your case.
Call Now for a Free Consultation
If you have questions about a potential wrongful death claim, please contact us at 909-982-0707. We’ll be happy to set up a free initial consultation with Attorney Vargas ASAP.