Does Your Choice in Attorney Matter? Maybe More Than You Think
If you are one of the many people who assumes that choosing a personal injury attorney is not that important then we have news for you. The truth is that if you hire the wrong attorney, you could end up with a much lower settlement or award than you deserve. This is often the result of working with an attorney who specializes in family law or criminal law, but takes on a personal injury case from time to time.
When you work with this type of inexpert attorney, you can count on them not knowing the ins and outs of personal injury. On the other hand, when you work with someone like Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas who has been practicing solely personal injury for more than 20 years, then you are working with an attorney who knows how to help you. Read on to learn what you stand to lose by choosing the wrong attorney. Then find out how the best attorney can help by contacting us at 909-982-0707 for a free legal consultation.
What can go wrong? A lot
There are many things that can go wrong if you hire an attorney that does not have relevant experience in personal injury. Some of the issues that could arise include:
- Never getting to talk to the attorney themselves and instead being put off to a staff member.
- Being nothing more than a “number” and not feeling that you are getting full legal representation.
- Working with an attorney or staff member who has no empathy for your situation.
- Being referred to medical providers without the right credentials or who are otherwise not qualified to diagnose or treat the injuries you have sustained.
- Advice to take the first offer. In some cases, it may be best to take the offer right away but in most cases, a qualified attorney can get you a better offer. Either way, you need an attorney who will not automatically tell you to take an offer and will instead work to find the best deal.
- Not getting a full investigation by your attorney. This can lead to evidence being lost forever.
- Gaps in evidence created by an attorney who does now understand the right litigation work up, such as depositions, getting experts, etc.
These are just some of the things that can go wrong if the wrong attorney is chosen. Any one of these issues can be a serious detriment to getting the money you are entitled to and the care you deserve.
Call us today for a free legal consultation
If you want an attorney who will provide you with results, experience, and personal attention, then you want to work with Attorney Vargas. Working with our offices requires no upfront payment. You can call us 24 hours a day, every day of the week. WE are here to help you! Contact us at 909-982-0707 now for your free legal consultation.