Seven of the Major Causes of Vehicle Accidents in California
Vehicle accidents can happen for any number of reasons but some causes are more common than others. Keep reading to learn about seven of the most common causes of car accidents and other vehicle accidents. If you have been injured in a vehicle accident, contact Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas at 909-982-0707 for a free legal consultation.
- Rear-End Accidents A person who suffers a rear-end accident can experience serious neck or back injuries, such as whiplash. In most cases, the rear driver will be found at fault in this type of accident but not always. In California, liability is not automatic and there are always exceptions.
- Head-On Accidents When two vehicles collide head-on, the result is often catastrophic injuries. These accidents are often caused by distracted driving, failing to yield, drunk driving, or driving while drowsy. They often occur on highways without split medians.
- T-Bone Accidents There can be any number of causes of t-bone accidents. Some are the result of roads that have not been taken care of, others are the result of unclear traffic signage. That said, most of these and other accidents are caused by poor driving.
- Accidents with Buses When an accident occurs between a bus and another motor vehicle, it is often the case that the bus driver and/or the company they work for is at fault. Any injured passengers or pedestrians can generally file claims against the driver, bus company, or other involved vehicle operators.
- Truck Accidents When a truck accident involves a semi-truck or big rig, you are almost guaranteed to see serious or catastrophic injuries. It may be that the truck driver is not following best practices and is driving too late or too long. It may be that a vehicle driver tailgated. The company that employed the truck driver could potentially be held liable for any truck accidents.
- Motorcycle Accident Motorcycle riders have little to no protection between their bodies and the roads they are driving on. Even a collision at a low speed can result in deaths or serious injuries. It is all too often the case that the other involved driver was not paying attention to the motorcycle.
- Bike Accident When a car and bike collide in California, it may be the result of a restless driver, unclear traffic signs or signals, or dangerous road conditions. It may be that the drive was not paying attention. It could be that the bike rider was riding illegally.
As you can see from every example listed, no case has a certain, single cause. If you have been injured in any of these types of accidents, your next call should be to Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas at 909-982-0707 to determine what your legal options are.