Learn Five of the Most Common Causes of Serious Car Accidents on California Highways
Due to the increased speed limits on highways, automobile accidents can result in severe injuries or even fatalities. The likelihood of a fatal collision increases with the speed of the vehicle. Discover the five typical reasons of these fatal incidents by reading on. Call the Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas at 909-982-0707 for a free legal consultation if you or a loved one has been hurt in a traffic accident.
- Drunken driving Unbelievably, drunk driving accidents cause 29 fatalities every day on average. Because the risks are greater, many of these entail driving on highways. The motorist is responsible for the accident if they were intoxicated or otherwise prohibited from operating a vehicle.
- Speeding It makes sense that speeding would be a big factor in these incidents, given that the higher speeds on roads are what make so many of them unsafe. The bad news about speeding on the highway is that it not only makes it more likely that someone will be in an accident because it slows down their response time, but it also makes it more likely that any accident will cause significant injuries.
- Distracted driving Distracted driving is the main reason for accidents in the state of California. Devices in automobiles that cause drivers to become distracted from the road are becoming more and more widespread. This includes texting, applying cosmetics, eating, or surfing the web. Serious accidents can happen with just a split second of distraction.
- Unsafe driving One example of irresponsible driving is driving while intoxicated and speeding. They are hardly the only instances, though. Other hazardous habits include lane changes that are made too rapidly, aggressive driving, and others that result in highway collisions.
- Weather In certain cases, bad weather rather than a driver error is to blame for a highway collision. Storms caused by rain, snow, or dust can also create crashes or accidents involving just one vehicle. Of course, there are instances when the weather contributes to accidents along with other factors on our list.
Your personal injury lawyer can help establish liability
Sometimes it is clear who is to blame for an automobile accident. It is not in some. If you are unsure of who is at responsibility, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer who can evaluate the available information and help you weigh your choices. Requesting a free legal consultation is simple: Simply give Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas a call at 909-982-0707 as soon as possible. We are prepared to hear your story and guide you toward the best course of action.