How to Prove Pain and Suffering in a Personal Injury Case


How to Prove Pain and Suffering in a Personal Injury Case

How to Prove Pain and Suffering in a Personal Injury Case

If you have been in an accident that resulted in injury then you may be entitled to compensation. It could include economic damages such as medical costs, property damage, and lost wages, but you may also be eligible for compensation for noneconomic damages. On their surface, these can seem harder to prove because there are no bills that show what need to be paid and why. One example of noneconomic damages is pain and suffering.

Every person involved in an accident – even if they are injured by the same thing and in the same way – will have a unique experience with pain and suffering. As a result, there is no standard amount of money to request. Your attorney will need to look at the type of accident, the extent of your injuries, and other factors to determine a reasonable amount to assign to your case.

There are several ways to prove pain and suffering

There are a number of evidence types that can help prove pain and suffering. First, your medical records can be helpful. You should have a diagnosis from your doctor that describes the injury and the type of pain. If the injury is visible, such as a bruise, burn injury, or cut, then pictures can be helpful in proving pain.

When it comes to proving suffering, we may talk to friends and family to find out how you have suffered. We may talk to a mental health professional who can assess your case. We are highly experienced in these cases and can get the documentation needed to prove your case.

We can help you calculate damages

There needs to be starting point for calculating damages. In fact, there are two methods most commonly used. The first is to take the total amount of your medical bills and lost wages and multiply it by a number between one and five – depending on how serious your injuries were. For example, a person with a broken arm would likely have a lower multiplier than a person who lost a limb.

The second option is known as per diem. It involves a per diem amount of pain and suffering for each day that passed between the day you were injured and the day you were fully recovered. For example, if the per diem was $100 per day and your injury required 90 days for full recovery, then you the per diem amount would be $9,000.

If you have been injured in any type of injury and need help from a person injury attorney then you are in the right place. You can reach Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas at 909-982-0707 for a free legal consultation today. Call us 24 hours a day to get the answers you need.

Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas Located at
8647 Haven Avenue Suite 200, Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas Logo Phone: 909-982-0707