Can I receive compensation for mental anguish from a car accident in California?

Yes. If you are injured in a car accident you may be eligible to receive compensation for mental anguish. You can also receive compensation for other things, including:

  • Lost wages
  • Loss of earnings and earning capacity
  • Assistive devices and transportation
  • Property loss (damage to your vehicle)
  • Physical pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish
  • Emotional distress
  • Disfigurement
  • Inability to perform certain functions
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Loss of consortium (marital support and services)

Insurance companies will often try to get you to settle for less than you deserve but a personal injury attorney like Fernando D. Vargas can help you secure the maximum amount possible in your car accident personal injury case.