Can I be compensated for emotional distress in a bus accident?
Yes. If you are injured in a bus accident you may be eligible to receive compensation for emotional distress. You can also receive compensation for other things, including the following:
- Lost wages
- Loss of earnings and earning capacity
- Assistive devices and transportation
- Property loss (damage to your vehicle)
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Inability to perform certain functions
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (marital support and services)
Insurance companies will often try to get you to settle right away but a skilled personal injury attorney like Fernando D. Vargas can help you secure the maximum amount possible in your bus accident personal injury case.