Discover Who is Responsible for Paying Car Repairs After a California Accident


Discover Who is Responsible for Paying Car Repairs After a California Accident

Discover Who is Responsible for Paying Car Repairs After a California Accident

If your vehicle is damaged in a car accident, you likely need to get it replaced right away. The good news is that there are options to get your car repaired. Keep reading to find out who is responsible for paying for it in a variety of situations. If you have suffered an injury in your car accident, contact Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas at 909-982-0707 to request a free legal consultation.

Does the Driver Have Optional Collision Coverage?

In the event the driver has optional collision insurance, then their auto insurance company must pay the costs of either repairing or replacing the vehicle after an accident – no matter who was at fault. This type of coverage is not required in the state of California but it is common for drivers to buy it – especially if they have a valuable vehicle. It is also common for auto loan lenders to require it until a vehicle has been paid off.

If you have optional collision coverage and your vehicle is damaged, the fastest way for you to get the repairs you need is to have them repaired by your coverage. If it turns out that another driver was at fault, then your insurer can go after their insurer to be reimbursed.

Situations in Which the Driver Does Not Have Collision Coverage

If the driver does not have collision coverage, there are still options. The right choice for them will depend on their specific circumstances. They might pay for the repairs themselves and request reimbursement from the insurance company of the other party, or the party themselves. They might wait until the case settles, or they might attempt to negotiate a settlement to repair the vehicle without settling other damages (such as those pertaining to injuries.

What Happens When the Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?

Of course, in some situations, the other driver might not have insurance at all. There are still options here. You could settle the claim with the driver directly or sue them. However, this requires that they have assets that are worth suing over. If you have uninsured / underinsured motorist insurance (often referred to as UM or UMI coverage), then you should be able to secure coverage from your own insurance provider.

Let Us Help You Find the Best Way to Pursue Your Claim

No matter the specifics of the claim, you need the help of a personal injury attorney to move forward. You can get that from Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas. Reach out to us now at 909-982-0707. We are ready to provide a free legal consultation and learn about the specifics of your case.

Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas Located at
8647 Haven Avenue Suite 200, Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Law Offices of Fernando D. Vargas Logo Phone: 909-982-0707