Can I sue if I was hit by a car when walking?
Yes! If you were hit and injured by a reckless or negligent driver, you can sue for damages. Examples of reckless driving include running a red light, driving distracted, or failing to stop at a stop sign. No matter what, if you were hit by a car while walking, you should contact a personal injury attorney like Fernando D. Vargas. Failure to do so can result in losing out on compensation for applicable damages, including:
- Medical bills, in the past and the future
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Assistive devices and transportation
- Renovations to home (e.g., ramps, handrails, etc.)
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Inability to perform certain functions or activities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Contact Fernando D. Vargas today for help with your personal injury case.