What Do You Do When You’re Involved in an Accident with an Out of State Commercial Truck?

No one wants to be involved in a car accident but it happens every day. When the accident happens not just with another car but with a large commercial truck, the results can be even more devastating. Since many commercial trucks are traveling from out of state, filing a personal injury case can be complicated. What laws affect the accident – the laws in the state the accident occurred or the laws that govern where the truck is registered?

These questions aren’t always easy but you do always have a qualified attorney on your side. Read on to learn more about this situation and then reach out to us at 909-982-0707 for your free case evaluation.

It’s not uncommon to get into accidents with out of state trucks

It’s certainly not uncommon for an accident with a commercial truck to involve a truck from another state. In these cases, the companies that run the trucking business can try to give you the runaround. They may assume that since you’re in another state, there isn’t much you can do to them. What they don’t know is that you’re working with the best truck accident attorney in California.

Some trucks are from out of the country

Would you be surprised to know that there are more than eleven million large trucks and buses registered within the U.S.? Have you considered that there are also truck from foreign countries that drive on our roads? This is especially true in California – there are likely to be trucks bringing products from Mexico and even Canada. This leads to a lot of questions of these foreign trucks.

For example, do these truck companies have to follow the same safety standards that we do? If they don’t follow them, can they be held liable? What legal options do you have if you suffer injuries as a result of an accident with a foreign? Do trucks from other countries have to document their service and maintenance? How can you get the needed documents and evidence you need from a foreign trucking company?

You don’t have to answer these questions on your own

There aren’t simple answers to these questions. The reality is that you need an attorney who will look into your unique case and find the best way to move forward. Attorney Vargas has experience, expertise, and passion. He knows both how the laws of California are relevant, as well as laws from other states or even countries.

His first step will be to investigate your accident and do what is necessary to get the documents and evidence you need to prove your case. In the event that the accident involves a truck from Mexico, you’ll be pleased to know that Attorney Vargas is fluent in Spanish and can deal with witnesses, companies, etc. directly. Now is the time for your free consultation. Call us at 909-982-0707.