According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- In 2015, there were 4,067 truck accident fatalities.
- 116,000 people were injured in crashes involving large trucks.
- 82 percent of fatal crashes involving trucks are multiple-vehicle crashes.
- 1 in 4 fatal truck accidents happens on the interstate.
- Occupants of other vehicles are more likely to be killed than truck occupants—truck occupants accounted for 16 percent of fatalities in 2015 while other vehicle occupants accounted for 74 percent.
- 86 percent of fatal truck accidents involved heavy large trucks (which have a gross vehicle weight rating of over 26,000 pounds.
- Between 2005 and 2015, intercity buses accounted for 13 percent of fatal accidents, school buses accounted for 41 percent, and transit buses accounted for 33 percent.
- 115 people were killed in school bus accidents in 2015.
Car Accident Statistics In The U.S.
Vaping in the U.S - Stats and Facts
Fatal Work Injuries in the Work Place
Texting And Driving Infographic
Pedestrian Accidents In Traffic Crashes
Motorcycles Accidents Infographic
Dog Attacks In The U.S. Infographic
Car Accident Statistics In The U.S. Infographic
Bicycle Accidents In Traffic Crashes
Commercial Crashes In The United States
Commercial Trucking Accidents